Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

  1. #61
    Inactive Member green&white's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2008
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Do they have their point guard back, Anderson?
    Never engage in a battle of wit's, Without a weapon!!

  2. #62
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Who will GC have returning this year, Quincy?

    They lost Hackney, Bays, Salyers, and Williams? I know Anderson is supposed to return. I believe there was a freshman who played on the varsity last year by the name of Potts(?) who was looked to have a good game.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC_Quincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gate City lost the majority of their team. Nothing will be easy for them this year. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    I haven't seen Martinez play basketball yet but these kids should be a good boost for Norton.

    From what I saw of Hunnicutt last year, he could be a good post player. Is he a sophomore now?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very exited for the up coming season to see the raiders play with additions of Miles, Diets, and Goins. Add Talley and Coleman and this could be one of the dangerous teams in SWVA. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #64
    Inactive Member mwc4n's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2008
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Yes, Hunnicutt is a sophomore. A holdback, he has a big body and fair athleticism. He could develop into a good post, but was very soft defensively and offensively last year and tended to stay outside the lane.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Talking about Anderson, I watched him play I think at Lebanon last year in the Region D tournament. He was a junior. As he goes, Gate City follows. Also their tall center... I say 6'10? maybe....he was a junior as well last year. But Anderson, he is THE best pg in the whole area. GC graduated a ton of talent last year. I believe GC graduated about 7 seniors I think? They only had about 12 players on the entire team so that doesnt leave much to work with. And after Anderson and the tall center graduates, someone in GC has some gigantic shoes to fill.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  6. #66
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    5 seniors according to this roster..

    GC '07-08 roster
    http://www.maxpreps.com/virginia/basketb...ath=,local,team

  7. #67
    Inactive Member titans_1_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    gc will not be as deep as they usually are but they will still be good.. they ty and potts back and josh johnson and also the smith kid....

  8. #68
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    Tihlee has been a very good player for GC.

    The thing about GC though is that they always seem to have good talent coming up. Of course some years are better than others. I think the 05 team with Jesse McMurray and last year's team with Hackney are two of the better teams they've had in recent years. I don't think they'll be as good this year but I honestly can't remember a year when GC has had a bad team.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member 227raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogfacegremlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who is diets? </div></div>

    Daniel Diets he played jv last year, he's a hell of a shooter. A young Issac Adkins, pretty left hand shot. Prolly hear more in the years to come. There is a great group about to come threw for jib.

  10. #70
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Previewing Basketball (Yes, I said basketball)

    He is one of the best all around players Burton has and will make some noise this year. I promise.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •